join us! seeking candidates for the role of database associate
The Database Associate is the backbone for data integrity. They play a vital supporting role in finance and donor services administration to advance Evanston Community Foundation (ECF) and its mission.
One of ECF’s core principles is our focus on equity. We believe in inclusion and the richness of ideas and perspectives and actively invite a diversity of candidates.
The Foundation’s success in expanding its fundraising and donor outreach is related directly to the integrity of the database system. The Database Associate is the backbone for data integrity. They play a vital supporting role in finance and donor services administration to advance Evanston Community Foundation (ECF) and its mission.
The Database Associate operates daily within CommunitySuite (CSuite), ECF’s integrated database system, and a key resource for continually improving the system. They support sound financial reporting, and positive donor relations. They hold responsibility for maintaining our database of donors, funds and organizations, and they also support the extraction of data and reports. This position is responsible for generating prompt donor correspondence and reports to support our mission.
In collaboration with the operations and development team, the Database Associate will prioritize integrity & accessibility of ECF’s data by fulfilling a broad range of responsibilities, including:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as go-to for CSuite database support: data entry, data extraction, report creation, for the Finance and Development teams
- Perform regular database maintenance such as deduping records and troubleshooting problems
- Adhere to database procedures to ensure data integrity, ongoing maintenance, and quality with support from the Director of Operations
- Support accounting procedures, including invoice and receipt collection and archival in CSuite and the organizational network
- Produce and update templates, reports, and spreadsheets
- Develop campaigns for new events and workshops through CSuite; support development events as needed
- In collaboration with the Program Associate, align organizational data in CSuite and GLM to ensure data integrity for organizations
- Assist Director of Operations with website updates; CSuite or Board Portal, including calendar updates and maintenance
- Generate finance reports for the Vice President of Finance and Operations
- Process gifts, including gift entry in the database, and ensure accurate allocation
- Create and serve as a point of contact for donor acknowledgments throughout the year, including during the high-volume end-of-year season
- Collaborate with development team for reporting and correspondence to steward relationships with donors
- Template development and template enhancement with the use of HTML (donor acknowledgments, donation & fundholder portals)
- Generation of reports, mailing lists, and event attendance rosters
- Produce regular gift and donor summary reports as well as other statistical financial reports as needed by operations and development teams
- Ensure accuracy & accessibility of donor and organization records through reconciliations with our grants management system, external research, and staff input.
qualifications, characteristics and skills
- Enthusiastic about database integrity and recognizes the value of data
- Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Process-oriented and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about, and high level of commitment to, the Evanston community
- Comfortable navigating and willingness to learn a range of technology tools
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Exhibits cultural humility, and is approachable and relatable to community members
- Exceptional personal integrity and discretion; scrupulous respect for confidentiality
- Flexible to work some evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with application systems and relational databases; prior CRM experience a plus
- Fluent in Basic Microsoft Office applications - Word & Excel
- Proficiency with communication tools (SLACK, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing anti-racist and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion learning
One of ECF’s core principles is our focus on equity. We believe in inclusion and the richness of ideas and perspectives and actively invite a diversity of candidates. We also believe it is vitally important to provide a safe working environment for our employees, volunteers, and visitors to reduce the risk of exposure to, or spreading of the COVID-19 virus. It is a requirement of employment that every staff member will receive all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, according to schedules published from time to time by the Centers for Disease Controls and Prevention (CDC), except if a reasonable accommodation has been granted based upon disability or religion. To learn more please send a letter of introduction and resume to ECFSearch and indicate in the subject line: “YOUR NAME – Database Associate”.