ecf is hiring
We are seeking a motivated Program Associate to join our dynamic team.
about the position
The Program Associate is integral to the smooth functioning of all parts of ECF’s grantmaking and program operations. They are responsible for grants management, program data input, and reporting in a cloud-based database system. They maintain working knowledge of community issues and concerns, and contribute to communications that tell stories of impact about ECF and its partners. The Program Associate works with the Program Team to coordinate and implement Leadership Evanston and nonprofit training programs, and collaborates with other staff members to develop communications about our grants and programs.
The Program Associate acts as a public liaison to assure access to, and understanding of, ECF’s grantmaking and program opportunities. They are able to engage with all parts of the community to understand the needs and areas where investment from ECF can be integral. The Program Associate will participate on selected city-wide and cross-sector task forces.
ECF’s Program Associate is resourceful, self-motivated, technologically savvy, community-minded, and pays keen attention to detail. They are a good listener, communicator and relationship builder, excellent writer and storyteller, and a multi-tasker. Proficiency in Spanish, French-Creole, or Arabic is preferred.
• Manages grant activities through our cloud-based Grants Lifecycle Manager system including proposals, financials, grant agreements, and reporting.
• Supports ECF’s Program Officer in staffing our grants committees comprised of community members who decide ECF’s grants, including attending meetings, taking notes, and gathering and sharing information.
• Ensures that Leadership Evanston participant, alumni, and volunteer information is properly coded, recorded in, and retrievable from C-suite Foundant database for mailings, directories, and electronic communications.
• Assists Director of Leadership and Training in planning and implementing the logistics of Leadership Evanston meetings and events, as well as training offerings for nonprofits.
• Works with accounting staff to ensure timely distribution of grant payments and collection of tuition and fees.
• Provides grantmaking information, ensures that the grants and programs sections of ECF’s website are accurate and current, and works with the Communications team to capture stories for Foundation publications and events.
• Prepares correspondence and other communications regarding Leadership Evanston, trainings for nonprofits, community programs, and grants.
• Works with Program Team to conduct program evaluation, including creating, distributing, and summarizing surveys, and synthesizing reports.
• Serves on community task forces as an ECF ambassador, attends meetings and workshops on relevant community issues as needed, and represents ECF at community events.
• Enthusiastic about, and high level of commitment to, the Evanston community
• Organized, detail- and process-oriented
• Comfortable navigating a range of technology tools and databases
• Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
• Exhibits cultural humility, and is approachable and relatable to community members
• Exceptional personal integrity and discretion; scrupulous respect for confidentiality
• Flexible to work some evenings and weekends
• Familiarity with cloud-based database systems and/or relational databases
• Fluent in Basic Microsoft Office applications - Word & Excel
• Proficiency with communication tools (SLACK, Canva, Survey Monkey, Mail Chimp)
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Demonstrated commitment to ongoing anti-racist and/or Diversity, Equity and Inclusion learning
• Preference for bilingual candidates: English, and Spanish, French-Creole, or Arabic
The Foundation offer a competitive salary, benefits, and professional development plan commensurate with experience and in alignment with national and regional standards. Salary Range: $38,000 - $45,000.
The Evanston Community Foundation (ECF) builds, connects, and distributes resources and knowledge through local organizations for the common good in order to help Evanston thrive, now and forever, as a vibrant, inclusive, and equitable community. The staff is comprised of 8 full-time and 4 part-time employees supported by a Board of community members. ECF has grown rapidly since 2001, making it ever more effective as a catalyst for growth and change. We now have assets of more than $32 million and an operating budget of $1.4 million. ECF awards between $1.25 – 1.8 million each year. As part of ECF’s suite of programs, Leadership Evanston strengthens the Evanston community by developing and training individual citizen leaders.
our search process
One principle of the Foundation is a focus on equity. We believe in inclusion and the richness of ideas and perspectives, and actively invite a diversity of candidates to consider our opportunity. If you would like to be considered for our Program Associate role, please send a letter of introduction and resume toand indicate in the subject line: “YOUR NAME – Program Associate.