strategic planning process
The Evanston Community Foundation (ECF) seeks an experienced consultant or consultant team to lead the next visionary strategic planning process in early 2020. The consultant will work closely with the board and staff, led by the executive committee during this project. The consultant will also work closely with a fundraising consultant in the beginning phases of the planning process.
The Foundation is completing a three-year strategic plan focused on the goals listed above. Moving into the new decade the Foundation will need to focus on its long-range vision and sustainability.
purpose of consultation
The goal of this consultation will be the development of a 3-5 year plan that will address the following areas in our operations and sustainability framework: community impact and financial sustainability.
The Strategic Planning Process RFP details the full scope of work, expected time frame, and how to submit a proposal including the applicant's qualifications.
scope of work
- Design and execute a collaborative process with ECF’s Board and management to identify, work through and prioritize ECF’s strategic and (major) tactical priorities to guide the foundation for the next three to five years.
- Work with the staff to complete a community need analysis or scan; inclusive of interviews, surveys, and lead focus groups.
- Lead board & staff planning retreat, allowing for engagement with a fundraising consultant for endowment campaign visioning.
- Prepare report(s) and present the strategic plan: including implementation, on-going evaluation and plan maintenance.
- Prepare workshop or training outline for onboarding new and existing staff and board members about the plan.
The deadline to submit a proposal is December 15, 2019; the selection process will be completed in January, 2020.
Please submit your proposal and reference information as a PDF to the ECF search email, attention of: Monique B. Jones President/CEO Evanston Community Foundation.