a best way to give?
We encourage you to think, as we do, about the long-term project of growing resources for the Evanston of years from now, while supporting Evanston’s needs now. Both are important.
make a difference now
Gifts that support the full range of Foundation programs, grants and operations through our Annual Fund empower us to do more now than would be possible if we relied solely on endowment.
build for the long term
Giving to endowment builds Evanston’s resource base to meet its future needs, whatever these may be in ten, or in twenty years. You may be surprised to learn how a gift you make today can address today’s issues but still grow to meet future needs. Learn more about the power of endowment, and about funds to meet more specific goals and interests.
leave a legacy for the community you call home, or ensure the life of your cause
Future gifts made through estate plans or as part of a financial plan can offer tax-wise benefits along with the satisfaction of knowing you are providing for causes you care about. These gifts make you eligible to join our Daniel Burnham Society. Continue to planned giving and the Daniel Burnham Society.
honor what matters to you
You can celebrate or memorialize a loved one or a special occasion with a gift of any size to any established fund. Learn more about honorary and memorial giving. And you can start a new fund to recognize a person or cause you care about and/or to achieve your philanthropic goals. You might prefer a fund that will
- Help ECF respond to Evanston’s changing needs over the long term. Learn about unrestricted endowment funds.
- Enable you to say involved in the charitable distribution of your funds over time, while ECF acts as steward. Learn about donor advised funds.
- Benefit a special interest area or cause in which ECF is active. Learn about field of interest funds.
- Express your support for an urgent current issue. Learn about funds for foundation collaborations.
- Benefit a specific organization, or fund a scholarship, over the long term. Learn about donor designated funds.
- Build a permanent resource for your nonprofit organization’s future. Learn about organizational endowments.
become a grantmaking partner
Do you have a private foundation or a donor advised fund? Would you like to broaden your giving horizons without the burden of receiving unsolicited proposals? Learn about grantmaking partners and special partnerships in support of strategic initiatives.