alumni connect engage learn
Leadership Evanston is moving into its 26th year! Over 700 individuals are alumni of the Signature and Snapshot programs. Leadership Evanston engages alumni in three important ways — networking, leadership development, and on-going conversations about Evanston.
Join us for the upcoming alumni events.
A group of alumni spanning Leadership Evanston's 25 year history mixed socialzing with an Idea Slam, MC'd by RJ Coleman (LE 08). And, the ideas were flowing! A sampling of the ideas:
• Community goal to have no homeless students at D65/D202
• Family Focus: Purchase the building to preserve the nonprofit center it is and recognize the important place this location holds in the Evanston history narrative.
• Oral history project imbedded in D65 curriculum for students and older adults.
• A full scale community picnic street party
• Evanston tourism map app: collaborative mapping and arts programming tool to promote tourism and access to knowledge in Evanston.
• Move the 4th of July parade to downtown Evanston routing on Sherman passing Fountain Square.
• Clearing house/ombudsman who would oversee a consolidated Evanston calendar for all events and fundraisers.
• Create a trade school/professional workshop ie former Whole Foods building with small shops, spaces to apprentice, artists and handmade items such as shoes, sandals, textiles, weaving etc.
• Grocery food co-op in vacant storefront owned by community members to provide programs and opportunities to community members.
Save the date – February 22 we will be hosting Idea Slam II, a vibrant and vigorous forum for aspirational possibilities!
25th anniversary celebration
Leadership Alumni celebrated the 25th anniversary together at SPACE on April 24, 2017. Read more.
One of the primary goals of Leadership Evanston is to create a network of engaged, facilitative and active leaders for our community. Join us on Facebook page.