Like many other nonprofits, the pandemic caused us to look even deeper into our community and its needs. What we have seen is the deep harm of racial injustice and the failure of many of our systems. It’s been a time of reflection and growth.
We will move forward a changed organization, for the better, for the good of Evanston. Our commitment to help Evanston move forward with collective and enduring initiatives, like the Evanston Care Network, will continue in a deeper and more meaningful way.
Connecting the community to the services they need
ECF’s ability to bring together the right partners to make nonprofits stronger and help deliver much needed services to those in need is just part of our mission.
EvanstonCareNetwork.org, an online platform connecting community members with a variety of services, is an example of this impactful work. Jobs, babysitting, transportation, healthcare services…it’s all there and it’s free and easy to use.
ECF, the City of Evanston, Evanston 311, the Evanston Public Library, and Amita Health Saint Francis Hospital are partnering together so people needing services can connect quickly, easily, and anonymously.
New strategies for moving forward in 2021
The world has changed and the changes go far beyond masks, hand sanitizer and social distancing. At ECF, the pandemic has demanded that we create new ways to interact with donors, nonprofit organizations, businesses, and community stakeholders.
- In 2021, we will move forward with a lens on racial justice and systems change, in addition to pandemic recovery and sustaining our critical nonprofit community.
- We will continue grantmaking that responds to emerging needs and invest in promising opportunities that will help us rebuild a better and more racially just Evanston.
- We will continue to center the voices of marginalized communities, particularly Black and Brown Evanstonians.
- We will invest in promising long-term systems change initiatives and other efforts that collectively benefit the nonprofit sector.
- Will will offer our critical donors a suite of giving opportunities as we continue our path toward an equitable Evanston.
The future depends on our collective vision.